Our people define us. Their skills, knowledge, and commitment to innovation are the key to the success of Marmalade Fish. Take a look at the opportunities currently available below and drop us a line if you would like to apply.
We are Marmalade Fish, formed in 2015 to awaken consciousness in business. Our values – progressive, authentic and partnership – inform everything we do.
Our vision is to make work better for millions of employees around the world. How? By working with the very best people and partnering with leading global businesses to deliver on their organisational ambitions and create high performance cultures underpinned by values.
We are looking for world class Facilitators to join our growing team in a contract role.
Some of the things you’ll be doing…
- Deliver a range of learning programmes to a multicultural, multilingual audience. Identify delivery platform options to maximise a learner-centred approach.
- Feedback on key themes and post programme evaluation, providing details of resulting enhancements/amendments to be made. Maintain and encourage a culture of continuous improvement through on-going evaluation of course design and delivery.
- Liaise with local stakeholders up to and including C-level executives.
- Project manage the event company supporting delivery of change programmes, ensuring operational excellence in all areas of production and logistics.
- Maintain continued professional development by updating knowledge and skills in relevant area of expertise and responsibility.
- Act as a role model by displaying appropriate behaviour and demonstrating skills to inspire delegates and colleagues.
- Use a variety of approaches and behaviours appropriate to situation and deals with them with a positive outcome in mind.
- Create a positive working environment by working harmoniously and efficiently with a team of individuals drawn from diverse cultural backgrounds with the clear aim of achieving corporate objectives.
- Provide delegates with an enjoyable and effective learning experience with a consistently high standard of course delivery.
- Utilise and prioritise available resources (time, product, people) to create a learning environment that supports both internal and external customers.
- Optimise use of available resources so that the desired learning outcome is effectively and successfully achieved.
Stuff you need to have…
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with professional self-presentation.
- Apt at choosing your attitude, maintaining a positive mindset under pressure.
- Customer-centric with the ability and willingness to handle additional duties. Some off-hours and on-call work may be required.
- Highly organised with effective time management and prioritsation skills.
- Computer literacy and strong multimedia computer presentation skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Stuff that would be nice to have…
- An outgoing personality.
- ‘Train the Trainer’ qualification from a recognised leading institute.